Sunday, August 3, 2014

Sunday Smorgasbord



Hey Y'all! Today I am linking up with Michelle from Fabulous in First for Sunday Smorgasbord.
I love the tag line for this linky because all I have for you is a whole bunch of random today!
{one}
If you are on your phone or tablet right now, run to your laptop or desktop and check out my new blog design! You can see some of it on your phone but you just don't get the same effect! Megan from A Bird in Hand Designs designed everything for me and she did such an amazing job! I cannot recommend her enough! I didn't have a complete idea as to what I wanted Chalkboard Charm to look like but she totally took the little bit that I did know and made it into this gorgeous design! I can't stop staring at it! If you are looking for someone to design your blog, there is no other choice than Megan.
 A Bird in Hand Designs
{two}
The first day of school is three weeks away.
 
Typing it out does not even come close to helping me cope.
 
That means that teachers go back in a little over two weeks. {insert minor freak out here} One side of me is so ready! Who doesn't love all the school supplies, preparation, and excitement of a new school year? But then there is the other side that wants summer to last just a few weeks longer! I love not knowing what day of the week it is, how long ago I washed my hair (we're real friends here), and not having to set an alarm.
 
Regardless, I have decided I need to at least pretend that I am being productive for the new school year. I started by organizing some of my files. Y'all, I have collected so much stuff over the last year and a half. Here is a picture of part of the chaos.

I also cut out a few TPT products that I had purchased a while back.
 
Pictured is Cara Carroll's Number Anchor Charts, DeeDee Wills' August/September Writing Work Station, and Julie Lee's Muffin Tin Games.
 
{three}
I went into my classroom to drop off a few things the other day. WOAH baby. Let's just say I'm starting all over. I am thankfully in the same classroom and still teaching kindergarten this year but I think I am going to rearrange everything! Classroom décor and design are my faves so I can't wait to show you some "after" pictures. But first, let's start with the before pics.
 
Sorry about the lighting. For some reason, I didn't think to turn the lights on so we will just go with lighting au natural.
 
Here is the view from the front of my room.
 These two are from the back:  

 
How is your room looking?
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment