Sunday, November 2, 2014

November Currently

It's November already?! Seriously? Where did October go?
 
Although I am in utter amazement at how fast this year is going, I am thrilled to link up with Farley at Oh Boy Fourth Grade for November Currently!
 
 

Listening:
The Mister and I are about to close on our first house this Thursday so I am listening to him pack up our guest room while he is listening to Pandora! Don't worry, I am going to help as soon as I am done with this post! We aren't moving in completely until the following weekend so we have some time before everything has to be packed up! Completely excited and amazed to start this fun new journey in life with him!
 
Loving:
Y'all, North Carolina fall is no joke. It is seriously beautiful here! On the way home from church, the color of all the leaves were practically screaming to be adored! The cooler weather has added to all the fun too! Bring on the fleece lined leggings and caramel apples!
 
Thinking:
I need some more blogging in my life! I was going to not even mention how long it has been since I posted on Chalkboard Charm but I am hoping that calling myself out will somehow motivate myself to find some time to share what I have been up to lately with my Kinders. The past month has been a whirlwind of parent teacher conferences, Open House Night, report cards, creating, and house searching!
 
Wanting:
Since our new house has a fenced in backyard, we have started to look at possibly getting a dog. It is so exciting to think about having a furry friend at home but obviously it is a huge responsibility so we are taking our sweet time before getting one of our own!
 
Needing:
With the move right around the corner, I have to start getting myself and our apartment organized! Organization is not a quality that I bring to the table! Ha! I am hoping I will be a little more motivated to keep our new home organized and cute since it will be ours!
 
Reading:
Y'all, I'm just going to keep it real. I am not reading absolutely anything currently. I'll be honest and say that summer is the time that I spend the most time reading. I can't hardly find any time to read during the school year. Well, that is unless reading teacher blogs count! :) I do somehow find a way to do that!
 
I hope you guys have an awesome week! I promise you will be hearing from me more soon!



12 comments:

  1. I'd love to come visit North Carolina in the fall. Maybe next year! And, I'm thinking about getting a dog, also. I had one years ago, her name was Precious. We loved her dearly, but she required lots of our time. We'll see. . . Congratulations on your new house. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Damarise! So glad you stopped by!

      Delete
  2. Hey there! I totally agree. I am never able to find time to read during the school year. Have a wonderful November, and good luck finding an adorable little puppy to love!

    Kristin
    Teaching In A Nutshell

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kristin! Hopefully, I will get better about finding time to read! Have a great week!

      Delete
  3. Hi! Congratulations on your new home! That's so exciting! My husband and I have been in our house for about a year now and I am still working on keeping things organized! I hear ya with the blogging, it's hard to believe sometimes I check and haven't written a post in over a month or more:)! The time just flies! Best of luck with your move and maybe getting a pup! So fun!
    Andrea
    Tricks of the Trade in First Grade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Andrea! We are excited to get things started! I hope to make blogging more a priority because I really love doing it!

      Delete
  4. Your blog is so adorable! I love it! :) My husband and I are just beginning the house hunting process, any words of wisdom!?

    I am also really bad at maintaining my blog. Like seriously, the worst. I just bought a TPT product to *hopefully* help get me organized and better at blogging! You should check it out!

    Now I'm off to clean! Good luck with your move :)

    Tasha Emmerson
    Confessions of a Tiny Teacher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tasha! Thank you so much! I love this little blog!

      My advice would be to keep your emotions out of it as much as possible. My husband and I at first got into a contract on a brand new townhome. We really loved it but things ended up not working out which was definitely a bummer. We became smarter the second go round and tried to not get attached! We are looking forward to our house but are waiting to get super excited until we have the keys! :)

      Good luck house hunting! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. Fall here really is beautiful!! I am LOVING it! This month was definitely a whirlwind... I am just now hopping back in to the blogging game. It has been hard to keep up with. Enjoy the rest of your Sunday!

    Kristin
    My Carolina Classroom

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on your first house!! That is such an exciting time. As far as puppies go, I always recommend a poodle mix, so you won't have shedding issues. =) Have fun, and take pictures of this process!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the advice! I will definitely take pictures of the house! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete