Saturday, November 8, 2014

Five for Friday {November 8}

I'm linking up with Kacey at Doodle Bugs teaching for Five for Friday.

 
 
I am fortunate to have several parents this year who currently serve in the millitary or have at some point in the past. I definitely wanted to do something to honor their service and thank them for the sacrifices they made for our country. I remembered saving Simply Kinder's Military freebie and knew that I just had to make a display with that this year.
Here is the finished product. I seriously love the way it turned out! It pulls at my heart strings to see how blessed my classroom is to know and love so many veterans.
 

We also read the book Hero Dad and a few exerpts from Letters to a Soldier.
Please don't forget to thank a veteran not just Tuesday but everyday! They deserve every bit of honor and gratitude!
This week, I dipped into how I teach phonics and some resources I use when teaching letters and letter sounds. To check out that post, click here.
The Mister and I closed on our first house Thursday and we are so excited to make that house a home! We aren't moving in until next weekend so we are spending this weekend cleaning, painting and dreaming of all we can do to make this house ours! Pictures will come soon but here is a quick pic of us Thursday night!
 
 
This is SO me right now. I'm tempted to set up all of my Christmas stuff before we even move our furniture in the new house! I have never had a real Christmas Tree and the Mister thinks that is ridiculous so we are going to have two trees this year! How many trees do you put up? 
 The Mister and I got pictures done a week and a half ago with my sweet photographer friend Amanda Castle. She was our photographer for our wedding and she is seriously amazing! Check her site here. She posted a little sneak peek on Facebook the other day and I love it! Absolutely cannot wait to see the rest!
 



No comments:

Post a Comment